Monday, November 24, 2008

Goya - Cola Champagne


Ethnicity: Latin American

Ingredients:
Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavor, fd&c yellow #6, fd&c yellow #5, citric acid.

Appearance:
Much like a Fanta orange soda, but clearer and more yellow in appearance. Bottle design is clean and modern. Unusually large pixels circumscribe the outside of the Goya logo. Smells like an orange creamsicle.

Taste:
Mix between an orange soda and a cream soda. Subtle dairy and honey notes. Finishes quickly, no aftertaste. Carbonation is softer than most sodas of this variety. Doesn't taste like any actual fruit.

Manufacturing Process:
Melt and carbonate a creamsicle, then water it down.

Final Thoughts:
Colin: "Sweet, but not particularly memorable. Sort of like a lot of people I know."

Jordan: "As I sip this truly refresco beverage, I find myself contemplating my own mortality, the true futility of existence. Such is the life of one who drinks Cola Champagne."

Sawyer: "Cola Champagne is a misnomer. This doesn't taste like cola nor champagne. Talk amongst yourselves"

Ratings (out of 10)
Jordan: 6.9
Sawyer: 5.4
Colin: 6.13
Average: 6.14333...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Also notable for being mentioned in the Toots and Maytal's Song Sweet and Dandy.
"Twenty bokkle of cola wine"
Anything that reminds me of Toots and my imaginary youth in 1960's Jamaica makes me happy, regardless of its color, taste, or lack of alcoholic content